Friday, October 10, 2008

A Doggett Family Favorite

I LOVE to cook and can cook from good ol' southern favorites to incredibly healthy. An old favorite around here comes from my husband. When we met and he discovered I could cook - he asked me to make this for him. Ever since then he tells me it's my best meal...and I cook it better than his mom ;)

Herbed Chicken

1 lb boneless chicken breast
1/4 c. butter
3/4 c. wine (I use a blush)
3 oz. can mushroom
1 md. onion (chopped)
1 green bell pepper (chopped)
salt / pepper
2 cans cream of chicken
thyme

Preheat oven to 350

I slice my raw chicken breasts into semi-small chunks, season with salt and pepper and brown slowly in a skillet with butter. Once cooked through, arrange on the bottom of a greased 9x13 casserole dish.

Add soup to leftover butter drippings, slowly add wine - stirring until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and heat until boiling. Pour over chicken, sprinkle with thyme, cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 35 minutes.


I serve this dish over rice but it would be good over a pasta also.



**tips - I'm not a fan of big crunchy veggies, so I throw my onion, bell pepper AND mushrooms into my food processor to get it finely chopped.

No comments: