Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cranberry Sauce- Danielle

I grew up hating Cranberry Sauce, especially how it would just plop out of the can and jiggle. Yuck! But then I discovered a wonderful homemade cranberry sauce that Chris' Grandmother use to make (now his Aunt makes it). For the past four years I have enjoyed this treat at Thanksgiving time. Saddened that we won't be with family to enjoy it this year I requested the recipe from Chris' Aunt. Even though I haven't made this yet I have to share because it is absolutly delicious....

Cranberries: Cook 1 lb cranberries with a little water until tender. They will pop when hot.
Add 3 cups sugar and
Add 1 pkg lemon jello while hot.
Add 3 cups apples peeled and ground.
Add about 1/2 cup ground walnuts.
Pour into pan and refrigerate.The cranberries in my grandmother's time came in the 1-pound pkg but now come in 12-ounce packages so I usually put in a little less sugar and 1 small jello pkg and same apples and nuts or I buy 2 packages of cranberries and use the full pound.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I love cranberry sauce and all I ever have it is out of the can. This looks delish!!