Thursday, March 5, 2009

Brownies!

I need a good brownie recipe that can be frosted and presentable for catering purposes. I'll take a good Texas sheet cake recipe too, that's pretty close to the brownie family isn't it? I have to make 50 frosted and monogrammed brownies for a wedding open house. I'm way excited, just now I need a good recipe- one that is way moist but not fudgy. I'm making 200 fudge brownies for the same event that will be used for icecream sundaes. I'll probably use the recipe Jen gave. I tried that one last week and thought it would be wonderful with icecream. 

Anyways, Help please! I'm great in the cake department but not much of a brownie person. And I know I could look online and google a recipe but I like to get recipes from known sources! 

Oh and randomly here is a fun smoothie recipe that we had today...

1/2 cup vanilla icecream
1 cup mango sorbet
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped fresh mango

Mix together in blender, serve right away. So yummy and extra yummy if eaten on the front porch steps in the wonderful sunshine!

Tomorrow if it is still super nice out then I'm going to use raspberry sorbet,  fresh raspberries, and frozen yogurt instead! 

2 comments:

Clairew said...

Hey Danielle - I really liked your point about making sure to tip even with couponing over at Choyster Cash and wondered if I could put it in a post?

If so - just let me know!

Claire at Choyster Cash;)

~Jen~ said...

Danielle - I need to call you. I hope I'm not too late. I just read this post. My mom has a good frosted brownie recipe. I'll email you.