Growing up I had the strange idea that I didn't like pies. How crazy was I? I was literally an adult before I realized the error of my ways! And you'll think I'm even crazier for not liking pies if you ever knew my Grandma. I cannot even tell you the number of pies we'd have to choose from after a Sunday dinner at her house - just know...it was alot!
So, here's my all time favorite pie. I cannot make it without thinking of my Grandma. I make it as a Banana cream, although the cream mixture can be used for coconut cream pie as well.
2 eggs
5 T flour
1 tsp vanilla
2 T butter
1 1/2 c. evaporated milk
1/2 c. water
1 tsp salt
1/2 c. sugar
Beat eggs. Add evap milk and beat again. Mix salt, flour and sugar together. Add to egg mixture. Add butter and water. Cook in a double boiler until thick stirring constantly. Add vanilla last. Cool and pour into baked pie shell with sliced bananas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment