Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sweet Breads- Danielle

I love sweet breads but I have come to the realization that I don't make to many different kinds, mostly just the basic banana bread and pumpkin bread. But I thought I would still share my two favorite recipes for these breads even though everyone might already have similar recipes...

Grandma's Banana Bread-
2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 c. shortening
2 tsp baking powder
1 c. mashed bananas
1 1/2 Tbsp milk
1 c. nuts (optional)
Mix soda and bananas. Set aside. Blend shortening and flour. Add sugar, salt, baking powder, juice, milk, and 1/2 bananas. Mix well. Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly. Add remaining bananas. Let stand 30 minutes. Bake at 325 for about 1 hour. Cool on rack.

Pumpkin Bread-
1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
3/4 c. canned pumpkin
1 3/4 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
3/4 c. choc. chips
3/4 c. chopped pecans (optional)
Cream butter, sugar, and eggs. Add pumpkin and mix; set aside. In another bowl sift dry ingredients. Gradually add dry ingredients to creamy mixture. Beat until blended. Add chocolate chips and pecans, if desired. Grease one loaf pan. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 350 for about 1 hour or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.

No comments: