Okay, so I'm sick of my growing grocery bill!! I was hoping that this week we could share some
"stretcher meals".
For example, a meal that goes along way b/c it has a lot of rice, beans, or noodles in it etc. I'm looking for ways to make meals "stretch" or last longer. Do you have any meals like that? Cheaper meals because they last awhile. Does that make sense. I have a recipe that goes along way because I put it over a lot of rice, therefore, I can get a few meals out of it. Here it is.
Italian Chicken
1/2 - 3/4 cube melted butter
1 pkg Italian Salad Dressing (This is the dry mix that comes in a box of 4 or so)
3-4 chicken breasts
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 pkg. Cream Cheese
Melt butter and stir in Italian salad dressing. Put in crock pot with chicken. Cook in a crock pot on low for 4-6 hours. 1/2 hour before serving, pull chicken out and shred it with 2 forks. Put back in crock pot and add soup and cream cheese (be sure it is softened). Simmer until ready to serve. Serve over hot noodles or rice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is one of my favorite chicken recipes! I love it over egg noodles and my husband loves it over rice! They are good both ways! You cant go wrong with this recipe!
I'll have to try this!
To be honest, I'm scratching my head at stretcher meals. I'm not too good at stretching! Hopefully others can help me!
Post a Comment