Sunday, November 2, 2008

Meatloaf Crockpot Dinner- Danielle

This is my husbands favorite...
Place 2lbs of baby carrots in bottom of crockpot. Make your favorite meatloaf recipe (needs to be 2 lbs of meat) Here is my favorite:

1 pound ground beef (try to use 96/4 or close to it. I used beef once that was 80/20 and it made the meal way to greasy, very gross!)
1 pound sausage
1 cup of milk or tomato juice
1 egg
1 package of dry onion soup mix
Worsh. Sauce (I usually just add some and never measure, I would think about a tbsp)
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp ground sage (I don't usually have this on hand and it still taste fine)
One diced garlic clove
Mix all together

Place meatloaf on top of carrots.
Place 6-8 medium potatoes (cubed or sliced) between meatloaf and crock pot. Top meatloaf with BBQ sauce.
Cover and cook on high for one hour, reduce heat to low and cook 8-10 hours

No comments: