My Mom fed a family of 5 for years on barely ANYTHING! 2 of which were growing teenage boys who were constantly in sports and eating us out of house and home ;) She always pulled through though. Sometimes I don't know how....but I learned a lot from her.
Main Dish Delight
350 degrees
9x13 baking dish
2 cans of biscuits
1 lb. ground meat
2 cans Corn
2 cans Ranch Style Beans
1 pkg. Frozen Brocolli
Shredded Cheddar
Spray your dish with Pam.
With your biscuits you're making a shell. Press, mash and form them together to cover the whole bottom and up the sides of your dish. Put in oven for about 10 minutes. They'll probably come out puffed up, press back down - be careful they're hot! I use a pot holder I can throw in the laundry after.
While your biscuits (shell) is in the oven, brown your meat and cook your brocolli (seperately of course). Season to your liking. I usually do Onion Bits, Pepper, Salt, Cavender's. Drain both.
Then you begin layering. Ground Meat, Corn, Beans, Brocolli, Cheese. Repeat.
Throw back in oven for about 20-30 minutes to warm and also melt cheese.
I know it sounds weird but I guarantee I've thrown this together on multiple occasions and everytime I get MAJOR cheers AND it feeds an army! Going with the store brands over name brands on all ingredients also chops this already cheap meal in half.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment