Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Yummy!

I'm sure everyone has a taco soup recipe but this one is FABULOUS! I made it last night. It makes a LOT too. My hubby had 3 bowls! I got this from the blog A year of Crockpotting. If you haven't browsed this blog, you need to.
Taco Soup
--2 cans of kindey beans
--2 cans of pinto beans
--2 cans of corn
--1 large can of diced tomatoes --1 can tomatoes and chiles
--1 packet taco seasoning (if you are gluten free, stick to
McCormick)
--1 packet ranch dressing mix (make sure there isn't hidden gluten, I went with Hidden Valley)
--1 lb browned ground turkey or hamburger (optional.)
--shredded cheese and sour cream for embelishment

The Directions:
--brown meat if you are going to use it
--drain fat and add to crockpot stoneware insert (the meat. not the fat.)
--sprinkle seasoning packets on top of meat
--drain and rinse the beans and add
--add the ENTIRE contents of the corn and tomato cans
cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5. I think the longer you cook soup, the better, so if you have the time, opt for cooking on low.
serve with a handful of shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream


The second recipe I want to post I am craving right now. I made these to pass out with other goodies at Christmas and they are so yummy.

Oatmeal-cookies-with-white-chocolate and cranberries
½ c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
1 egg
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. Baking soda
1 1/4 c. flour
1 1/4 c. oats
1 cup of dried cranberries-
White chocolate- I chop up good white chocolate, but you can use white chocolate chips too! I use about 1 cup or so. Use more if you like!
In a mixer, beat butter and sugars until smooth. Mix in eggs, and vanilla. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix in slowly to wet ingredients. Add your oats, Craisins, and white chocolate.
Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes! Don’t let them get too done…they are better when they are soft!

1 comment:

~Jen~ said...

So do you think I can make the soup w/out the corn? I would like it but Anthony wouldn't.