Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bran Muffins

Okay, so I had another one to share. I love these b/c it makes so much and you can keep the batter in your fridge for up to a week, so either you can eat A LOT of bran muffins over a week's time, OR you can make them and share with a neighbor or friend. In the past I've even just given the batter to a friend so she could take it home and bake them fresh for her family the next morning.

2/3 cup soft butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 cup warm water
4 cups bran flakes
2 1/2 cups buttermilk
3 cups flour
1 tbsp soda
2 tsp salt

Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs 1 at a time, betting about 30 seconds each. Add flour, soda, salt, and water. Stir in bran flakes and milk.

Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes.

Makes 3 dozen.

No comments: