Monday, October 13, 2008

Chicken and Cheese - Jennifer

One recipe that ALL of my family will eat is my mom's Chicken and Cheese casserole. Of course, I'm still working on the girls actually eating the chicken part of it, but they eat the stuffing and sauce with rice.

I apologize that I don't have EXACT amounts here, but its pretty simple.

chicken breasts (I use about 4-5 to make a 9x13 casserole dish)
mozzarella cheese (shredded)
2 cans cream of mush
water
dried stuffing (pepperidge farm original, I've tried other kinds and not liked it)
1 stick of butter

Just cube the chicken (while still raw, or you could used cooked chicken) and put on the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan (or an 8x8 if you're making less), top chicken with shredded mozzarella, mix cans of soup with about 1 can of water then pour over chicken and cheese. Top with stuffing and then melt 1 stick of butter and pour over the top.

Cook at 325 for 1.5-2 hours, until bubbly.

Serve over rice.

Sorry, I have no pictures. Next week, I'll do better...which is actually THIS week b/c I'm about to post the next theme!

No comments: