We saw this made on Biggest Loser for Danny when the chef came to cook for his family...it looked YUMMY so I decided to have a go at it! DEFINITELY a repeater! It was SO super easy and SO good!
Turkey and Vegetable Chili
Serves 8
INGREDIENTS
1-½ tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, medium diced
2 garlic clove, minced
½ teaspoon ground cumin
3 large carrot, peeled and small diced
2 large celery stalk, medium diced
1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and medium dice
2 lbs. extra lean ground turkey
4 medium size ripe tomatoes, medium diced
8 oz can of black beans
Freshly ground black pepper
METHOD
- Place a large saute pan over medium high heat, then drizzle with the oil.
- Add the onion, garlic and sauté for 2 minutes, or until tender.(I sprinkled a little Cayenne Pepper)
- Sprinkle the cumin over the onion mix and stir well, then add the carrot, celery, and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the vegetables begin to get tender.
- In a separate saute pan, brown the turkey in the remaining oil over medium high heat, then transfer to the vegetable mix.
- Add the tomatoes and the beans and cook for a further 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the tomatoes have broken down and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Season the chili to taste with freshly ground black pepper
I then made some baked potatoes....I twice baked them and then spooned about 1/2 cup of the chili on each potato half....YUM!!! Perfect dinner and quite inexpensive....VERY easy and VERY fast.

1 comment:
Holy cow...this sounds good. The only problem for me is Florida just isn't chili weather. I may just have to turn down the AC one day and make some chili anyway.
Post a Comment